Zen Creations Around the Web

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The little things count!

One of the things I have learned over the last 3 years is that all the little things make a difference with advertising -- never miss an opportunity. For instance - your bags at craft shows. Bags are a perfect opportunity to advertise your goods. You should always include your business cards in your bags. I usually use some of the downtime at shows to stuff bags with my business cards. That way, if you get a rush of customers, your bags are all ready to go.

Another thing I started doing was decorating my bags. You don't have to spend a lot of money on your bags, and it only takes a little time to spruce them up a bit. Since I sell jewelry, I can get away with smaller bags. I purchase the brown paper bags from the grocery store and decorate them with 3 different stamps. The first one is a long bamboo stamp, the second is a Z stamp and the third is my business stamp which includes my Etsy shop address. They're cheap, simple and look better than plastic bags.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks sharp!

ZenCreations said...

Thanks moonmystic!

Handmade Cute said...

Very VERY nice! I believe I will now be making a change to these these brown bags with my stamp on them. I've been using clear cello bags but I must say I really like your idea.