Zen Creations Around the Web

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Color, color, color!




Lately, I find myself gravitating towards bright and colorful beads. I don't know whether it's because it's the end of winter, or just being tired of gray, rainy days and can't wait for spring and sunshine. Either way, it has inspired me to create more colorful pieces of jewelry. For myself, I normally prefer to wear darker colors and the pieces I create for myself usually reflect that. For my shop, I try to work with an array of colors, not limiting myself to a particular palette. Lately I have been trying to expand my collection of beads and assortments of colors.





My first addition to my bead collection was some disc beads from Etsy seller Blue Healer Glass. I have to admit, I had a hard time choosing which beads to purchase! This is the first of many rings and earrings that I plan to create with these gorgeous beads.


I also paired some bright turquoise beads with some fiery red coral beads to create an eye catching, summery swing earring.
Up next, more woven pieces and experimentation with color!




No comments: