Zen Creations Around the Web

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Decisions, decisions

Ok, so last night I was boo-hooing over my ITP problems . This morning, I was experiencing a little bit of regret for posting something that personal. I had never planned to talk about my health problems in my blog, I didn't want people to think I was looking for sympathy or, even worse yet, a pity sale. I had wanted to keep this space for jewelry and of course, some cute Zoe things. I decided to keep last nights post up, because it reminds me that if I hasn't gotten sick, I would have never tried selling my own jewelry, and I wouldn't have been able to stay at home with Zoe as long as I did. It's that whole, when one door closes, another one opens sort of thing. People always say, "Things happen for a reason."

I guess that reason was to slow down, start my own business, and take more time to enjoy my family and friends. That has made me so thankfull that Rob, Chris and Haim started up Etsy.com. Its more than a website to sell handmade goods. That site has helped so many different people, with different abilities, diabilites, and backgrounds make their dreams a reality.

If you've never visited Etsy.com, please do. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised.

No comments: